IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, December 27, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
Today, I am running on time. The bus arrived at its posted arrival time. The train arrived early but pulled off at the right time. However it stalled at the North Avenue stop. The driver said he had to wait for a train to pass. I think it may have been one of those CFX trains. Right Here. Right Now. I feel good.

BACK TO WORK
I was not the slightest bit surprised to find that someone made off with my date stampers. They were all gone off my desk yesterday including the two broken ones.

No problem I just went off and bought a new one. I was expecting that someone would do something spiteful like that. What’s the saying, “No good deed goes unpunished.” I suppose I will again paint the new one in a customized colour. Im also thinking of painting a pattern or design on it. Who ever took the stampers probably has noticed that two of them are broken and another one is painted an odd metalic purple colour that can not be found in the office supply section of a store. Thus if they use it, it is immediately noticeable that they are utilizing a pilfered date stamper. I wonder if they are using them or threw them away? Anyway, its there dilema now not mine.

After I came home from doing overtime with a headache I went to Crazy Greeks and bought a cheesesteak sub. I like buying subs from that place because they always throw in free fries with your order. I wanted the sub to eat as I watched Voyage of the Damned the Doctor Who Christmas special that aired last night on the BBC. As predicted yesterday I could find numerous copies of the episode up and running.

DOCTOR WHO..Voyage of the Damned
I was really excited to see this episode because its been months since a new episode has aired. The episode featured a couple of familiar faces, Kylie Minogue as a waitress aboard the Titanic, the guy who was on Keeping Appearances, and the guy from Yes, Minister or was it Priminister? The plot did not involve the famous ship the Titanic but instead a space ship called Titanic that was designed to look like the Titanic floating in space. It was a sort of space tourist attraction. Passengers paid to board and get the feel of an early 20th century sailing venture. They went around in period costumes with the staff also dressed in period costumes. Of course over the years the history of early 20th century Earth culture became a bit perverted. It was funny all the things that they thought were the norm which are to my ears very funny. They seemed to think that everyone was at war with everyone else. I suppose the main clientel was Earth history buffs.

Overall, I was underwhelmed by the episode. It was OK just not the greatest episode ever. I loved how they tied in what happended in previous episodes of the Christmas specials. When they went down to modern day Earth Doctor Who was surprised to find that the streets were bare. He thought that something bad or catastrophic had happended. A news agent who just happended to there at his news stand explained that they were all scared. He then went through the various invasions that occured on Christmas all via previous episodes of Doctor Who episodes. So it was understandable that people would be scared to be out and would head to the country where its safe. Felt the villian was not evil enough he reminded me of Davros only more human. He was a cyborg. I was not scared of the hosts, these robots who were dressed as angels. They were not very creepy.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on a red cardigan sweater, blue denim material long sleeve blouse, blue jeans, and Nike MaxAir shoes.

Im not doing perfume this morning because of the major headache I got yesterday. Im not sure if it was due to over spritzing or if the scent did not agree with me. I will give the other perfumes a test drive at a later date.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....9692
MILES....3.67
CALORIES BURNED....431


link | posted by gail at 8:30 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com