IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, December 21, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
Today I am yet again running late. The train is yet again short by one car.

Anyway, below is my favourite new Christmas song of 2007, Sleigh Ride by Relient K. I have even included it on my myspace page. So far Relient K have yet to make a real video for the song so what I have posted below will have to make do.

I love how the song starts out sounding really jazzy then devolves into a punk anthem. I have a feeling this will be my top Christmas song of 2007. Sometime in January I will post my top played Christmas songs of 2007. Oh, before I forget the song was recently played on an episode of The Ghost Whisperer. So it seems it is getting a little more exposure than being on my iTunes song list!

RELIENT K - SLEIGH RIDE

THE LAST PRESENT
Yesterday, I kept going back and forth with whether or not to give Rick his present fearing how it might be interpreted. He’s white, he’s married. In the end I decided to just give him his present. Consequences be damned as to how it might be interpreted. Besides it would be one hell of an awkwardly funny moment that I created. It would be very Andy Kaufman. Gift giving as performance art.

Overall, Christmas at the office was fun for me. I really loved tripping out people who I never talk to with presents and cards knowing in the back of their minds they are wondering what the hell is she after? Does she want me to give her something? The answer is, Nah, it was just fun tripping people out and hearing comments like, “Im not about to give nobody no two or three presents!!”

Now I know how Andy Kaufman felt. Its fun to trip people out! I really do wish I could have afforded to rent a bus and take them all out for milk and cookies.

I ended up giving Rick his present in front of some guys he was talking to. I think they were talking sports or something. The look on their faces was priceless. I know he is probaly wondering what the hell was that all about?

Little known fact about of me, I was a drama major for a brief second over at Towson U. It was fun seeing how people react if you do something nice especially if you rarely say anything to them. The reactions were all unexpected. I never knew that some of the people I gave real present to would show them off. I just thought they would go what the BLEEP is she giving me this for?!

Also I know that the fact that I gave Rick a present probably freaked him out. Im a girl giving a guy a present. Is their a deeper meaning? Is a present, just a present? Or is it something more?

I did it all because it would be fun to practice random acts of kindess. A real live Christmas miracle!

Also lets face it, who am I kidding?, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Its the most wonderful time of the year!

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on blue jeans, a light blue denim coloured flannel shirt and a blue and white glittery zipper up cardigan sweater with a fancy design of snowflakes embroidered with pearls and sequins.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....12908
MILES....4.88
CALORIES BURNED....543


link | posted by gail at 1:27 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com