IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, December 17, 2007

OFFICE CHRISTMAS CARDS
This morning I left out extra early so that i could distribute the cards as expected some of the people on the list were no longer working in our department.

I feel good. I know no good deed goes unpunished. I am sure that there are some people who hate my guts, others who are indifferent, and others who will be happy to get something from someone, dislike me for giving them something, some who are neither pro or con on the issue, others who are happy. Thats life you can not please all the people all of the time. I just feel happy that I took a risk. I feel it is important to practice acts of random kindness.

I decided to include the certifiers because well it is just their job to spot mistakes. I do not believe that they personally have a grudge against anyone they are certifying, its just there job. I said to myself what would Oprah do. So I did what I felt Oprah would do. People are people.

Its just kind of neat wondering what the reactions will be. One man I feel was absolutely hopping mad and absolutely livid that I gave him a card. Im not sure if it was the card and present of a cookie and candy or that he was having a bad day. Anyway it was all very entertaining. I even decided to give a card to the people who fold things. I wanted to last year but did not know there names. This year I simply asked them their names and gave them a card. I also gave one to Tim. I like Tim and have always wanted to give him a Christmas card. He does not work in my department so I was not sure if it would somehow be against ettiquette to do so. In the end I gave him a card as a well as a girl named Cathy who always says hi to me.

Some people Im sure I freaked the hell out of. Because I rarely talk so they might interpret it as being dislike towards them. I can not go around handing out cards saying I do not talk that much because Im Autistic.

I feel really good like I did something unexpected and good. My heart was in the right place. I do not want anything in exchange. I just did it because it was fun. It was my own impossible challenge. Can I buy small presents for the entire department and have them on their desks before the start of the work day.

Im sure that guy who was livid probably has issues or thought that he was the only person I gave something to or maybe something traumatic had happened over the weekend. Maybe he hated the card....

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on a red, white, and blue striped sweater that has touches of shiny silver threading in it. I also have on a blue mock turtleneck pullover, blue jeans, and black leather lace up shoes.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10649
MILES....4.03
CALORIES BURNED....439


link | posted by gail at 8:06 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com