IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, December 08, 2007

SATURDAY OVRTIME
This morning I did overtime at work. It was at our old building. I nearly cried tears of joy when I walked into the cafeteria/break room. It was actual size not the size of a Barbie playset like the one in the building we are now in. I had no feelings of claustrophobia only wide open spaces. I also smiled when I saw that there was still more than one ladies room in the building. The only thing is the cubicules in the old room our department used to be housed in our extremely small. The walls are tall but the inside space is claustrophobic. There is only enough room to turn the chair from left to right also very little desk space. I could see that the other area where our department (they used to move our departemtn around a lot) still has our old cubicules up. Some people had bad ass cubicules with shelves that had doors. I wonder what their jobs are?

Afterwards I went off to visit my father. He did not have any heartbreaking stories to tell me how poor his health was. To be honest after visiting him on Thanksgiving I went into another depression. I could not bring myself to visit him for fear that it would be the last time I would ever see him.

Anyway, it seems that he is not entirely against going into an old folks home. The only issue is that he does not want them taking away his entire pension check leaving him with $80 a month. I should have asked him how much he needs to live on a month. Then from there I could do a price check on retirement homes to find one thats nice and in his price range.

He again told me the story of a hacker he knew who went into a retirement home and died three days later. He moved in one day had a hell of a party the next day and died the next. According to my father the man was a real party animal type. He joked that the only way you can get a place in a retirement home is if someone dies. Very morbid but true...

I do not know if retirement homes are filled to capacity or not. It seems to me that more elderly people are like my father opting to stay home as opposed to moving into an old folks home. Overall, I think he would be better off there because there would be trained professionals to take care of his medical issues.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on a black Doctor Who sweatshirt and a bright blue turtleneck, stone washed jeans, and New Balance 653 shoes.

ANOTHER AMERICAN HAS SEEN DOCTOR WHO!
In the entire history of my owing this Doctor Who sweatshirt no one has ever commented on it.

It seems that one of the supervisors at the other building actually knows the show! He claimed he has watched every episode. I should have asked him if he has seen the new series yet. It is my understanding that some people who were into the old series are unaware that a new series has started up. Also I should have asked him who his favourite Doctor is? I could have asked him a million questions about Doctor Who but I did not want to come off as too much of a geek. Anyway, odds are he was just a casual viewer of the show whose favourite Doctor is the guy with the curly hair and long scarf aka the Fourth Doctor or Tom Baker.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....11769
MILES....4.45
CALORIES BURNED....482


link | posted by gail at 9:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com