IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, December 02, 2007

SUNDAY...CHURCH DAY
Glory Be! I turned on my computer and OutPost gallifrey was up and running. However, the movie site was still down. I don’t know if its really down for repairs or if the movie studios have closed it down permanently.

This morning I went to Church. The sermon Reverand Hubbell gave was very powerful. My eyes actually misted over. I was on the verge of tears. Her sermon today was about violence against women. She told of a massacre that took place in Montreal, Canada on December 6, 1989 on a college campus. The gunman murdered 14 female engineering students at Ecole Polytechnique. I had never heard of the Montreal Massacre until todays sermon. Then she told of various other stories of injustices of rapes and physical abuse. This has to have been the most powerful sermon she has ever done. She won a Skinner Sermon award for this sermon many years ago when she used to minister to a congregation in Canada.

MOVIES
When I got home from Church I watched the Darjeeling Limited and Ratatouille.

I was surprised that I could manage to find an indie movie like the Darjeeling Limited online. I liked the movie a lot. Then again I feel that Wes Anderson is a genius. I have seen almost all the movies he has ever writen/directed.

I was also surprised to find that I really, really, really, liked Ratatouille. It was as good as I expected it to be and more. As expected the computer animation was phenomenal. The one thing I found surprising about Ratatouille was that the humour in it was not too juvenile. It was right on time for an NPR, BBC, listener like myself.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....4970
MILES....1.88
CALORIES BURNED....198


link | posted by gail at 9:05 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com