IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, March 09, 2008

MY LAUNDROMAT IS GONE!
I started the morning by going to the laundromat. Was horrified to find that Dirt Busters, my neighborhood laundromat had a sign in the window that said closed until further notice. This meant I would have to find another place to wash my clothes. I have rarely ventured around the neighborhood so I have no idea where the closest laundromat is. The only thing I could think to do was go back to my old neighborhood and wash my clothes at the Bolton Hill laundromat. I miss that place so much. It’s a magical place where all the washing machines work. Theres a supermarket and a Rite Aid right next door to it. Its perfect!

According to Mapquest it is about 2 miles from where I live. Nevertheless I walked there both ways. I got a little lost coming home because I thought I would take a detour by walking down Dolphin Street then hitting Fremont Avenue. I forgot the fact that at a certain point Fremont Avenue is cut off by a freeway but continues on the other side of the highway.

I had a nice walk down Dolphin Street. There was a section of the street that was very nice. It reminded me of the neighborhoods of my youth. Almost all the houses were occupied and there were no suspicious looking people on the corners. The neighbor I believe is called Little Africa. A number of houses had stickers in their windows of the black power flag? of red, black, and green. There was even a red, black, and green flying in someones window. Im not sure if the neighborhood is primarily inhabited by African immigrants or middle class blacks. I noticed more than a few pricey cars parked in the neighborhood.

Also today I went to Church then visited my father. Darlene showed up as soon as I saw her I bolted because it was the perfect excuse to leave for my serious hike out of 21201 to the 21217 laundromat.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....20660
MILES....6.52
CALORIES BURNED....775


link | posted by gail at 7:44 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com