IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, November 07, 2004

The big event today was that I went to the laundromat. When I left out the front door I was surprised to find the woman who lives downstairs standing at the foot of the marble steps. She had a shopping cart that seemed to be filled with laundry. I had no idea that she did her laundry on Sunday.

When I got to the laundromat I was also surprised to find the light skinned man with the braids who I see on the light rail in the morning. I had no idea that he lived in my neighborhood. He waved to me like he usually does.

Also I think I’m wrong in thinking the problems with the laundromat are fixed. One of the machines I chose did not work after feeding it 14 quarters, the required amount. It seems that almost every time I go there I have a problem with the machines. Ok, I admit I didn’t have any trouble the last time I went there. But still it leads me to wonder,”Is it just me?”, or “Do I jinx washing machines?”

I know next time if my father’s washing machine isn’t fixed or that he hasn’t bought a new one that I will have to make a mental note to avoid machine #3.

In case you’re wondering why the need for the large big spender washing machine. Today, I wanted to wash all my sweaters so that I can be ready when the weather becomes frigid. I even through in all my scarves, hats, and mittens. If it involved yarn and wasn’t needed on a daily basis, like socks, I washed it.

FEELINGS ABOUT LAUNDROMAT CLOTHES DRYERS: I don’t really trust clothes dryers in the laundromat to get my clothes 100% dry. It’s been my experience that they never get my clothes dry. I usually end up hanging my clothes to dry anyway even though I went through several quarters for the clothes dryer. So instead of wasting quarters after my clothes come out of the washing machine. I simply bundle them up and take them home to dry. The way I see it I’m saving myself from a useless expense. In the end I always find myself hanging them up to dry so why not save the quarters and line dry the clothes. And that ladies and gentlemen is why I view laundromat clothes dryers as an unnecessary expense.

WHAT I’M WEARING: First off I should say that today it is unseasonably warm today. I think it's in the 70's. I had no idea what the temperature was outside when I left for the laundromat. I had on my blue jacket along with my long sleeved black Dr. Who sweatshirt with blue jeans, and old sneakers. When I took the sweatshirt off for something more cooler eg., short sleeved, my arms were filled with black sweatshirt fuzz. I had no idea I was sweating that badly!


link | posted by gail at 5:36 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com