IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, November 11, 2004

When I got to the bus stop this morning there were two women standing on the stop. I wasn’t sure if they were potential passengers, drug addicts, prostitutes, or homeless people. One had a clear plastic book bag where you could see school supplies, the other was older. I though they were mother and daughter. It turns out I guessed right. As the bus approached, the one with the book bag called out, “Hey, mom there’s the bus!”

The #2 bus pulled up they did not get on, neither could I, because the bus quickly pulled off. I think the reason he pulled off was because there were people standing up in the bus. Then again maybe the bus driver was behind schedule. Luckily, the #20 was close behind. It was driven by the stern looking woman. She was quiet this morning. Her fellow female bus driver was not aboard.

When the bus stopped where I get off to connect with the light rail I had to take an alternate walking path to the station. The gas and electric company had two trucks out working on two separate holes in the street.

It was kind of lucky that I had to take an alternate walking path because I found a dime in the middle of the tracks. Usually, I find pennies, but never a whole dime! Yippee, I’m rich!

The light rail train is again being driven by the gray haired man. The power cut off on the train again just as we were about to approach the North Avenue bridge. What is it with that section of the tracks? The power came back on after a while. The train feels as though it’s stalled. It’s moved back on. I hope we do not suffer anymore delays this morning.

The train broke down again at the North Avenue stop. A passenger yelled at the driver that he was trying to get off because today’s Veterans Day. The driver came out of his compartment and said if he could do do a better job then come in here and do it. The passenger said he would. The mood inside the train was tense. Will the two men fight?

Just then another passenger came up to the window and shouted, “Mayday! Mayday! Can you read me!” His attempt to lighten the tense atmosphere worked. However, the passenger is still angry. Right now the train is still stalled at the North Avenue station and hasn’t moved an inch. I hope that we do not endure yet another delay. If this keeps up I will not be able to eat my breakfast at work. Then my stomach will be growling. I hate when that happens....

OUTCOME OF YESTERDAYS EXPERIMENT: I didn’t have the guts yesterday to open up the window on my light rail commute home in the evening. So instead I ventured from car to car to find the one that had the least headache and nausea inducing aroma. I eventually found it and did a few sketches.

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I have on a mock turtleneck pullover. This one is purple and seems to have a deep purple and yellow ochre leaf design on it. It’s paired with these pull on drawstring jeans and beige Muppet shoes. I was going to wear my usual black canvas shoes but I felt that the color of the Muppet shoes really complemented the yellow ochre leaves on the shirt.


link | posted by gail at 9:14 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com