IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 25, 2005

DC PEACE RALLY

Yesterday I went to the big peace rally in DC. I took lots of photographs. Below are some of the photographs I took from one of the two cameras I bought with me. I'll upload the pictures from the other camera later today. Peace!




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This image is from the DC Peace Rally on September 24, 2005. It's one of my favourites. I like it because of the upside down American flag. When the flag is displayed upside down it represents that our country is in distress.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is of a young man who was shouting anti-war and anti-Bush slogans from a street sign.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a group of kids from the Baltimore Urban Debate League. They are a group of High School Students who like to well....debate. They have been on the Marc Steiner WYPR radio show countless times.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

WoW!! King of Late Night TV infomercials, Matthew Lesko, was at the rally.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a picture that represents the wall to wall people I saw. I never knew that so many folks were against Bush and his war.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a beautiful peace flag that I saw on the ground. I believe that the woman you see raising a corner of the flag either made it or participated in making it.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is just a group of college students I saw. I saw a lot of people on cell phones as they were marching. I don't know why but I found that pretentious. I know that the kids probably meant well but it just seemed, well.....





DCrally6, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is another of my favourite pictures.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Here, again is another picture that gives that wall to wall people feel that I felt.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

I photographed this one because I liked the sign in the background.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

I had to photograph this! It was a Veterans For Peace Impeachment Tour Bus. How could I ever resist?




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a group pf crosses that someone put up to represent the war dead.


link | posted by gail at 9:15 AM |


1 Comments:

Blogger landismom commented at 2:39 PM~  

Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures. Wish we could have been there.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com