IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, October 30, 2006

Today, I had a pre-scheduled day off. On my day off I went down to the Board of Elections and I bought a new coat. Well, they were not selling coats at the Board of Elections I had to get that elsewhere....

Anyway, the reason I went down to the Board of Elections on Fayette Street was so that I could vote in next months general election via absentee ballot. I wanted to do this because as I have written numerous times I do not feel comfortable using the Diebold made voting machines. They leave no paper trail and anyone can hack into them and put in whatever results that wanted.

While requesting a ballot I was surprised at how simple the procedure was. All I had to do was fill out a card then a woman behind the desk gave me a paper ballot for my district. Instead of mailing it in I decided to fill it out right in the office. They had these carboard boxes on a long table that served as makeshift voting booths. I pulled up a chair and sat crouched under a box. I quickly noticed that the ballot had to filled out with a number two pencil. Luckily, there were plenty of number two pencils on the table. It was just like those tests you had to take in public school. To select a candidate all you had to do was fill in a circle with your number two pencil.

Overall, I feel good about who I voted for. I also feel relieved that I will not have to rush home after work to vote. Its already been done. One thing I noticed while at the Board of Election was that there seemed to be an awful lot of people in there requesting absentee ballots. It was nice to see that I was not the only one who did not trust the machines.

WALKING LOG

STEPS....10301
MILES....2.27
CALORIES BURNED....380


link | posted by gail at 6:24 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com