IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, October 28, 2006


My New Computer the MacBook, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The events leading up to my seeing Three Sisters at Center Stage were somewhat surreal. So surreal that I will have to bench my review of the play for sometime later next week.

Anyway, the really big shocking event of Saturday occured when I woke up and turned on my trusty lime green, late 90's, cute as hell iMac. When I turned it on all I got was a grey screen and a flashing folder that would intermittently flash a question mark. I had no idea what was going on. The computer was working just fine last night. I feared the worse. The worse would be that my Mac after several years of devoted service had finally gotten a virus. After calling around I found out that this was not true. The problem was that for some reason my computer was failing to recognize its own hard drive. I put this problem down to age. My computer had only about 128 of memory. The computer was near the end of its life. In a since it had developed Alzheimers.

Since I have been saving up money for some time to buy a new computer. I took it as a sign to finally do it.

I went to the Mac Store at the Towson Town Center and picked up a new Mac. The reason I bought a Mac is because I am a bit of a Mac snob. I can not imagine why anyone would want to buy a virus infested Windows based computer. Besides my last Mac lasted for such a long time and Macs rule!

My new computer is a MacBook. I have always wanted a laptop and now I have it. In fact I am typing this very entry while sitting in my bed.

The other reason I picked up this computer was that they were having a sale in the store. You got a free printer with the purchase of a computer. The printer I selected is a printer/scanner/copier combo. I feel great!

I suppose next week I will go back to the store and see if they can fix the problem I am having with the hard drive on my iMac. I would really like to transfer some of my iTunes files to my new computer.

I have to admit that I am bit afraid to do this because at the store they would not give me a price estimate. They told me that they would have to see the computer first before they could calculate the cost. I hope that the cost will not be in the range of my new MacBook. I still have a few songs on my old computer that I did not bother to burn to disk.

WALKING LOG

STEPS....8987
MILES....1.98
CALORIES BURNED....320


link | posted by gail at 6:17 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com