IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, July 28, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
Huh? It’s Saturday.. Yep, it’s Saturday and I decided to come in today to do some overtime. I did not come in last Saturday and really regretted it. As you can see from last weeks’s walking stats I barely did any walking last week. I’m coming in mainly to make extra money and keep my walking stats up. Since Saturday is not a usual day I work I can not make comments on if the bus or train was late. All I know is that the train showed up at 7:07. Which is OK with me. I rarely am on time on Saturdays and have never been on time for Saturday overtime since I have worked for the company since 1999.

The thing I like about Saturdays is that the dress code is not in force. I can show up in shorts and no one will say anything about it. OK, I have never showed up for work in shorts on a Saturday until.... today.

LOW BLOOD SUGAR
After work I went to Walmart to pick a few odds and ends. I had to go back there after I got home because I realized that I had left two items in the store that I had paid for. I have to admit I was feeling a little out of it because I did not have anything to eat all day and had not taken my diabetic medicine for 3pm. I kept forgetting things as I was leaving out the door to return to Walmart. In retrospect I should have eaten something before I left for my return trip. My blood sugar was dangerously low.

After I picked up my items from Walmart I stopped by Wegman’s and picked up a couple of light grocery items. Nothing that had the potential to melt on the way over. Also I had to get something in me to eat. I felt as though I was in danger of fainting.

THE KIDS ON THE TRAIN
On the ride home about 10 boys who ranged from age 8-12 got on the train. Before hand about four or five of them were tossing around a football in the light rail station to pass time before the train arrived. I wonder why that many boys were out together unsupervised?

Anyway when the ticket checker showed up at the Lutherville stop they got off the train because some of them did not have tickets. The reason was that while one half of the group were tossing around a football the other half were at Gamestop. The group that was tossing around the football had to run to alert the other half that the train had come thus they did not all have enough time to buy a ticket. I assume they got off at Lutherville and bought tickets.

I noticed that just as the ticket checker was about to board the train some of the kids had a panicked look on their faces. A couple of them had money out indicating that they had money to pay for their tickets. It was funny watching them make a casual run for it before the ticket check lady got on the train. I think it was nice that the kids who had tickets decided to stay behind with the kids who had yet to purchase theirs.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....14166
MILES....2.68
CALORIES BURNED....527


link | posted by gail at 8:50 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com