IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 20, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
Oh, My Goodness! This morning I am finally on time for work! I caught the #1 bus at 6am. I tried to get some breakfast at 7-11 but they were out of breakfast sandwiches. I walked over to Duncan Donuts but they had a long ass long. I did not want to risk missing my train so I went to the light rail stop and waited. In contrast to yesterday the train pulled off at 6:13. As you can recall yesterday it pulled off at precisely 6:10 which made me just miss it by this much. I was almost to the doors when it pulled off. I know the driver saw me but alas its his train.... I feel that the plan for being on time will work as I have stated before the only wild card in my plan is the MTA buses. Hopefully, everything will work out.

OTAKON and POSSIBLY RACIST TEENS
It appears that Otakon, the anime festival is back in town this weekend. I saw a bunch of strangely dressed teens board the light rail train at the Lutherville stop yesterday on the way from work. I felt very disturbed by them mainly because they all stood up instead of sitting down. I wonder if the reason they did not sit down was because that if they did they would have to sit next to a Black person. This of course made me wonder if in addition to being into anime that they were also racists as well. I noticed that they did not begin to sit down until seats were empty of black passengers. I do not know if I am wrong or right in my assumption of them being racists. It just seemed weird for them to just stand and stand through several stops when they could have just sat down. Whenever I see a white person doing something like that on a bus or train I just assume that the reason they are not sitting down is because they must be racists. I wonder what do they think they will catch by sitting down next to someone like me? Do they think that Blackness is contagious?

I thought at first when I saw them that they must be headed to MICA but they did not get off at the MICA stop so it must be OTAKON. To the best of my knowledge this is the earliest that they have held it. It usually seems to run in August. Also I believe this is the first time it has run the same weekend as Artscape.

Someday, I would like to go to Otakon but I think I would feel uncomfortable surrounded by teenage and twentysomething geeks. Is there an anime con out there for thirtysomethings? Also later this evening the Harry Potter book comes out. Since its the last one I might head over to Barnes and Nobles and wait in line for it at midnight. No doubt I will be joined in line with some of the OTAKON folks.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on olive green khaki pants, black canvas tennis shoes, striped v-neck short sleeve shirt of pink, orange, brown, tan, yellow, white, and magenta

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10202
MILES....1.93
CALORIES BURNED....339


link | posted by gail at 8:45 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com