IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning it is dark, dreary, and drizzly. I am late for work. I could have been on time but since it was raining I had to hunt around to find my umbrella and a jacket. I looked in my closet and found a charcoal grey suit jacket that I have not worn in years. The jacket goes back to my days with David. Thus it is about 3 sizes too big.

Patriot Day 9/11
Today is the 6th Anniversary of 9/11. I feel it is fitting that it is grey and rainy outside. I was at work listening to the KML Show when it happened. Back then KML stood for Kirk, Mark, and the late great radio newsman Lopez. I recall that when the first tower went down it was Kirk who immediately felt it was a terrorist act. The other two seemed to think that he was thinking too rashly. In the end it was a terrorist act.

I also recall that 92Q’s morning show had nada coverage of the event. I do not know why but I felt angry at them for practically ignoring a major news event by treating it as a normal day and playing hip hop song after hip hop song.

On that day I found myself seeking out as much news as I could about the event. I remember feeling nervous and slightly frazzled. They had attacked the Pentagon building and DC is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Baltimore. For the first time in my life I knew what it felt like to be under attack.

Sure, I grew up in the hood but I know what areas to avoid that might be under attack by gangs or drug dealers. However, this time it was different. It was foreigners trying to take us out and who knew what they would attack.

I guess because of the events of 9/11 I like listening to the Ed Norris Show. I love how he ends each show by saying, “ Remember they’re out there and they’re trying to kill us.” Sure it sounds pretty darn paranoid but its true.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on stone washed jeans, Nike MaxAir shoes, a short sleeve red and white striped blouse, and a charcoal grey over sized suit jacket.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10290
MILES....3.24
CALORIES BURNED....437


link | posted by gail at 9:06 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com