IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, November 20, 2004


olivia1, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Yesterday, I saw Olivia Newton John at the Joseph Myerhoff Symphony Hall. It was a pretty good concert. I was not disappointed with concert. I bought my camera and binoculars to the concert. I never used my camera but I did use my binoculars. The website onlyolivia.com has a copy of her setlist as well as various photographs from concerts she’s done this year.

Olivia looked great through the binoculars I bought with me. She looked better than the average 56 year old. I’d have to say she has a really good plastic surgeon.

Sorry, to say I never used my camera. However, I did see down below near the stage a heavy set 30-something black woman who had gotten out of her seat and was taking pictures. She was the only one there that I could see who was taking pictures that night. She never got back in her seat. She just stood and watched Olivia throughout the entire concert. I wanted to show solidarity and go down below and join her. Then I began to worry about what other people might think about seeing two big black woman standing by the stage with camera’s in hand watching Olivia.

Throughout the concert I was intrigued by her music director, Andy Timmons. He looked vaguely familiar to me but I couldn’t place where I’d seem him before. It wasn’t until after the concert when I googled his name that things started to fall into place. It turns out the reason I found his face so familiar is that he was once in the pop metal band,Danger Danger. Who would have ever thought that someone could go from Danger Danger to Olivia?

As expected the crowd was a little less gray haired than usual. One concert goer that particularly stood out in my mind was this guy who seemed to have brought his grandmother or maybe his grandmother brought him. He looked to be in his early 30’s. He had long hair black hair and wore a black heavy metal style t-shirt. He seemed more into the concert than she. He was leaning into the balcony watching Olivia’s every move. He looked simply mesmerized by her. I had never seen a more enraptured concert goer in my life. It looked as though there was a 50-50 chance he might leap from the balcony and shout, “I want you Olivia!”

Another difference I saw was in the way the concert goers were dressed. A portion of the crowd were casually dressed in jeans and t-shirts. I, myself for the concert, wore black slacks and my long sleeve denim shirt with the black shoes I recently found. The reason I don’t wear jeans to the Meyerhoff is because I promised my father many years ago that I would always dress up a little when I go over there.

I hope I’m not giving you the impression that the Meyerhoff become wall to wall with young people. There was still quiet a bit of the usual senior citizen crowd, after all, they’re subscribers like me.

I’m not sure if the old man I sat next to was a subscribers or not. He came with a plump elderly lady. From the conversation he was having with the lady they seemed to be on a date. I’m not sure if this is the same old guy I sat next to last month when I saw the BSO perform, The Phantom of the Opera. The symphony played the background music while the original 1925 silent picture ran. At that show he was with a different woman, that is, if it’s the same old man. If so, he is a geriatric player!

WHAT I’M WEARING: This morning I have on a green turtleneck with blue jeans and ratty old tennis Payless shoes.


link | posted by gail at 6:45 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com