IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Just as I was heading out the door nice and early so that I wouldn’t miss the bus I noticed that my work ID badge was missing. The cord was there but the badge was missing. I had to go and quickly backtrack my steps. I still could not find it. For the second day in a row it looks like I’m going to be late. The majority of the bus drivers I see are substitutes. The buses are all running later than there usual schedules. Maybe, I’ll leave out fifteen minutes earlier tomorrow and pray that no mishaps happen.

I’m not sure if I’ve written about this before but I’m not a very good cook. The only things I’m good at cooking are basic things like spaghetti, which I eat a lot of, and soy meat products. Soy has the advantage of not being real meat so it’s nearly impossible to under cook it.

ADVENTURES IN BAKING:Instead of coming over my father’s house for Thanksgiving to eat I got the bright idea to bring a dish along with me. I decided on a pumpkin pie. So yesterday I bought pumpkin filling, a pie crust and all the ingredients that it says to include on the back of a Libby’s can of pumpkin filling. I mixed the ingredients according to the instructions. I got the correct 9 inch pie shell. However, nowhere on the packaging did it say it could hold 4 cups of pie filling like the Libby’s can suggested. So that point was kind of iffy.

I made the pie filling according to the directions on the can of pumpkin filling. I preheated the oven at 450 for 15 minutes as directed. I poured the pie filling into the shell then it began to slosh onto the floor of the oven. My first thought was “Oh, No! How am I going to clean that up?!”!” The oven was already hot from preheating. I thought at the time that the best thing to do was to wait until the pie was done. I didn’t want to risk getting second or third degree burns cleaning up a hot oven.

An hour after the pie was out of the oven I cleaned the dark hardened substance off the oven floor with a spatula and put a box of arm and hammer inside the oven to absorb the burnt smell that permeated throughout my apartment and apparently the entire the building.

The reason why I found out that everyone in the building could smell the burnt pumpkin filling was because the woman who lives upstairs knocked on my door. At first I wasn’t quiet sure if I was hearing knocks because she was tapping ever so lightly. Then I heard talking outside the door. When I heard talking I knew that I should investigate. It turned out she was at the door with the person she shares her apartment with. I’m not sure if he’s her husband or boyfriend....

Anyway, she told me that she was worried that someone might have fallen asleep with something burning. I tend to live under ambient lighting. Bright lights tend to hurt my eyes. So I could see how she could get the impression that I was asleep because it was dark to her eyes. I explained to the best of my ability what had happened then they both went back upstairs.

A couple of years ago when she first moved in the apartment she went around knocking on every ones door because she smelled gas and was worried. I wonder if something bad happened in her past involving fire....

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today I have on a sage green v-neck pullover with a white t-shirt peeking underneath along with stone washed jeans and beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 1:04 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com