IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, November 24, 2004


rather, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

It’s drizzling lightly outside. I’m starting to feel deeply distressed. It looks like today will be the third day in a row that I’m late for work. I left out for work on time and everything. I know that this can all be attributed to the fact that the majority of the regular bus drivers have opted to take the week off and have left their routes to fill in drivers.

I hope that the regular bus drivers return next week. I also hope that Brian, my supervisor, doesn’t call me aside to tell me that I’ve been late a lot these past two weeks.

It seems as though even when I try to leave out early something happens to detour me (missing ID work badge, glasses popping out of eyeglass frame). I feel confident that next week things will be better. If not I guess I’ll have to get used to the idiosyncrasies of the new drivers.

OH NO, THEY RETIRED KENNY!:( I’m deeply saddened to hear that long time CBS anchorman Dan Rather will be stepping down from his evening news post. He was a true original. I loved hearing all those bizarre Texas sayings he would use during election nights like: “This race is hotter than a Times Square Rolex.” I found a website that lists many of the unusual sayings that were uttered by Rather.


The other thing that I will remember most about Rather was the very odd incident that happened to him back in 1986. He was physically attacked by a man who kept calling out, “Kenneth, what’s the frequency?”. This incident was the inspiration for the song title of a really cool REM song, What’s the Frequency Kenneth.

Personally, I don’t feel that he is retiring from the news desk of his own free will. I feel that this is a direct result of the report he did a couple of months ago on Bush aka chimp’s time in the National Guard during the Vietnam war.

I guess I shouldn't be too sad because Rather will still be a 60 Minutes correspondent. Thus, Rather’s existence will not be completely erased from the US air waves.... The again maybe I should feel sad his replacement in rumored to be Toronto born, John Roberts. If Roberts gets the job that would means that two Canadians will be anchoring the US news. The other Canadian is of course ABC News’ Peter Jennings.

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I have on stone washed jeans, a periwinkle or cornflower blue colored long sleeve pullover along with my old reliable beige Muppet shoes aka beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 8:59 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:34 AM~  

Enjoyed a lot!
motor city mortgage sheraton hotel deira define mims software low interest car loans medical billing software graduate mba free domain name check personal trainer insurance home mortgages online freeware avi to avi affordable+car+insurance life insurance settlement bad credit loan company domain names domaine du cros d&aposauzon ntsc and pal software conversion renters insurance erfurt mcse marsh insurance brokers

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com