IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, March 07, 2005

I got on the #1 bus this morning. It was being driven by a heavy set light skinned woman who wore a pony tail. The light rail when it arrived seemed unusually crowded. As people got off the train a man started to yell. He was yelling so loud that I began to wince in pain then I realized that he must be a mental patient because he wasn;t making any sense. Today the light rail shuttle bus was late. I made it in at 6:40 instead of 6:30.

CHUCK THOMPSON...DEAD AT 83
The death of long time Orioles announcer, Chuck Thompson is the big news of the day in Baltimore. Thompson made it into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1993 for his work with the Orioles.

My memories of Chuck Thompson are tied into my memories of my late Uncle Ed. You see every summer Uncle Ed would sit out on our marble front steps with his transistor radio and listen to the Orioles. The sounds of the Orioles in the summer night air was a regular summer ritual up until his death in the 80’s.

Uncle Ed was an odd duck. He was extremely tall and thin. He was by trade a house painter. He was born in 1917 which made him the eldest in my father’s family. He moved in with our family after he divorced sometime in the 60’s. He had a very unique laugh. He actually laughed out loud, HA HA HA, like you see in cartoon captions. He seemed to take everything you said literally. He seemed socially awkward. He also liked to spend most of his time alone in the basement tending our coal furnace and listening to the radio. Also for some odd unknown reason he liked to call me Ching Chopper. Why Ching Chopper? Why Me? I don’t know.....

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, it’s a brown sweater and a blue turtleneck along with blue jeans and brown shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:47 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com