IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Today, was my fourth and final day of jury duty. I had to be in the courthouse by 8:45am. The case wrapped up after the last testimony of the day at 10:15am. The final verdict for me was reached at 3:45pm. Everyone else had reached there unanimous decisions after we went upstairs to deliberate. So thus, I was the last hold out for reaching a verdict because I wanted to be careful to the absolute letter of the law.

It seemed to me that the other jurors had reached there verdicts a little too quickly. It hadn’t occurred to me until at about 3:45pm why they were so fast to reach the verdicts they had in light of all the facts that were presented in the case. In retrospect I could not believe that I was so slow too catch on!!!

My heart is heavy with the horrible yet very necessary decision that I made not out of justice, but fear for my life. The trial I was involved in was a murder trial. Since the trial is over and decided with I can freely write about. I will write a more detailed breakdown about the trial tomorrow or over the weekend.

However, right now my nerves are jangled with the thought that I let a potential murderer go free! I did it because I was afraid of what his associates who faithfully came to the trial for four days in a row with scowls and threatening looks on their faces would do to me, the other jurors, and a very frightened witness if there was a unanimous guilty verdict. That one aforementioned frightened witness freely admitted that after she told the police that the defendant was responsible for the murder she was told that they were trying to kill her. She was the most scared frightened creature you ever did see. Every time a door would open or there would be a loud noise of any kind she would jump. It was obvious to me that they had gotten to her. Her testimony on the witness stand was that she didn’t know nothing about nothing and that what she told the police was a lie. In fact almost all the other witnesses for the prosecution whose original police statements was that the defendant was the culprit also magically switched over to that they knew nothing about nothing. It was obvious to me that they were intimidated and scared for there lives. Heck, if you saw the associates of the defendant you would be scared too! I do not know why it took me so long to catch on to what the others jurors were thinking. Me? I was thinking about following the letter of the law and they were thinking about wanting to live to see Hanukkah or Christmas.

Also I have to admit right now that my nerves are also feeling a bit jangled because I had to walk part the way home in an ice storm. I hate walking on ice. Whenever it is on the ground I tend to take tiny baby steps and clutch on to buildings. I am constantly amazed by people who walk on ice as if it is nothing at all. Me? I am praying every five seconds of the way to God and Goddess. So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, I hate ice and I hate the decision that I made in court today. More news tomorrow .......


link | posted by gail at 11:33 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger gail commented at 7:52 PM~  

EXCUSE ME!! BUT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! TRY WALKING A MILE IN MY MOCCASSINS BEFORE YOU DARE TO CRITICIZE ME!! I AM A SINGLE AUTISTIC WOMAN LIVING ALONE IN THE CITY. I DID NOT WANT ONE MORE REASON TO FEEL AFRAID!!!

I HAVE LIVED MY ENTIRE LIFE IN THE INNER CITY!! I LIVE IN A NEIBORHOOD FILLED WITH CRIME! I HAVE SEEN MANY LIVES CUT DOWN BY DRUGS AND VIOLENCE! MANY OF THOSE LIVES LOST HAVE BEEN IN MY OWN FAMILY!!! SO THIS TRIAL THAT I LATER FOUND OUT OF AN ALLEGED DRUG DEALER WHO SHOT ANOTHER POSSIBLE DRUG DEALER IS NOT A NEW SCENARIO FOR ME.

TO ME YOU SOUND LIKE A PERSON WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT IS LIKE TO LIVE IN A CONSTANT THREAT OF VIOLENCE FROM DAY TO DAY!!! WHY DON'T YOU TRY LIVING IN THE INNER CITY BEFORE YOU DARE TO PASS JUDGEMENT ON ME AND THE REST OF THE JURORS!!! YES, THERE WAS MORE THAN ONE JUROR ON THE TRIAL!!! HOWEVER, APPARENTLY, I'M THE ONLY ONE WITH A BLOG....

YOU, SIR/MADAM ARE THE ONE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOF!! IF YOU WANT TO GO ABOUT SOLVING THE CRIME SITUATION IN BALTIMORE THEN YOU DO IT BY CREATING POSITIVE OPPORTUNITIES SO THAT POOR PEOPLE ARE NOT FORCED INTO A LIFE OF CRIME. YOU DO NOT SOLVE THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SITUATION IN BALTIMORE BY ATTACKING AN AUTISTIC WOMAN WHO IS ALREADY AFRAID AND FEARFUL.


Yes, I meant to type this in all capital letters.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com