IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

This morning it was raining outside. I got on the #2 bus. Behind the #2 was the #20 bus. I haven’t seen the #20 bus in ages! The driver of the bus I got on was a big man.

The light rail shuttle bus this morning was late. It usually arrives at 5:50AM. It was 6:00AM and I saw neither hide nor hair of it so I hopped on the first shuttle bus I saw which was the Express Shuttle Bus. The main reason I have never taken the Express Shuttle Bus to work is because it’s last stop is Warren Road. This means I will have to walk quiet a way to work.

As I looked around at the passengers on the bus it was nice to see the deaf guy that works in the mail room who looks like 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney. I think he mainly got on the bus because he saw me get on it.

As I was leaving the Express Shuttle bus when it finally arrived at Warren Road, the driver asked me why I was in such a hurry. I told him because my usual bus was late. And he said in knowing tone, “Ohhh.” Truth be told, I have never taken this bus in the morning in my life. So I wasn’t quiet sure how long it would take me to walk to my job. In the afternoon I’m not really keeping track of time. I’m just happily walking down the street feeling great that I survived another day of work and wasn’t fired or yelled at. When I finally got to work at 6:40AM my coat was soaking wet from the rain.

CONCERN OF THE DAY: umbrellas and men
How come it seems that only women use umbrellas? Do men view not using an umbrella a sign of macho strength? If I see someone on the street not using an umbrella it’s usually a man. My father didn’t own an umbrella neither did my grandfather or uncles. My brother owned an umbrella for a brief period. It was black. Do men have something against umbrellas?

With women the use of umbrella’s is probably due to the fact that we don’t want to get our hair wet.

My most favorite umbrella that I ever owned was an orange clear umbrella. I was about 5 or 6 when I had that one. I lost it when it fell into the sewer one day while I was playing with it. It was the prettiest umbrella I ever did see.

I now carry a blue umbrella that has yellow smiley faces on it. I keep an umbrella at work in case it should rain and I don’t have an umbrella available. This is silly because I always carry the smiley face umbrella in a purse or bookbag. The spare umbrella at work has a leopard print and has a long wooden handle. It is very big when it’s opened and could probably cover more than one person. I found it near a senior center by the Walters Art Gallery on a rainy day.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Alert the Presses!!! For the first time EVER in 2005! I’M NOT WEARING A SWEATER! Instead, I have on a long sleeve cream colored crew neck pullover. However, I still have on my blue denim jeans and brown leather lace up shoes.


link | posted by gail at 10:38 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com